As a proud member of the American Bar Association since 2012, Ms. Stevenson has served in the following esteemed roles:
- ABA’s Young Lawyers Division Assistant Editor of The Affiliate Newsletter (2012 – 2015)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division Diversity Scholar (2014-2015)
- ABA’s Solo, Small Firm & General Practice Section, Young Lawyer Fellow (2014-2015)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division Fit-To-Practice Lead for the National Conferences Team (2015-2016)
- ABA Business Law Section Diversity Fellow (2015 -2017)
- Presidential Appointment with the ABA’s Commission on Youth At Risk Advisory Committee (2016 -2019)
- American Bar Association’s Litigation Section Young Lawyer Leadership Fellow (2017-2019)
- ABA Section of Litigation, Family Law Committee, Social Media Sub-Committee Chair (2017-Present)
- ABA Section of Litigation, Family Law Committee, Web Page Chair (2019-Present)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair Business Law Committee (2016-2017)
On the local level, Ms. Stevenson is an active member of the Maryland State Bar Association (“MSBA”) and served as one of fourteen 2013-2014 MSBA Leadership Academy Fellows. In 2013 she was selected as the recipient of the 2013 MSBA Rising Star Award, and in 2015 she graciously accepted the Melody Tagliaferri-Cronin Distinguished Service Award for her work with the Young Lawyers Section.
Ms. Stevenson has served in the following leadership roles with thee Maryland State Bar Association since 2011:
- MSBA Young Lawyers Section, Awards Committee Chair (2011-2012)
- MSBA Young Lawyers Section, Technology Committee Chair (2012-2016)
- MSBA Young Lawyers Section, Mentoring Committee Chair (2018-2019)
- MSBA Membership Committee, Council (2015-2019)
- MSBA Membership Committee, Co-Chair (2019 -Present)
- MSBA Technology Committee, Council (2015-2018)
- MSBA Leadership Academy Committee, Council (2014-2016)
- MSBA Solo & Small Firm Committee, Council (2019-Prsent)
- Maryland State Bar Association_Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Chair of Technology Committee, (August 2012-2015)
Separately, Ms. Stevenson has also served as Chair of the Social Media Team for the Committee to Elect the Sittings Judges of Prince George’s County since fall 2017.
In addition to maintaining her blog and YouTube Channel where she discusses the importance of practicing wellness, the benefits of remote work, living a healthy lifestyle and making opportunities to travel and move around, Ms. Stevenson is a frequent speaker at events throughout the country:
- NBA Solo, Small Firm & General Practice Section/Section of Litigation: 2019 Annual Meeting 2019, New York City –“So You want To Be The Boss: Managing Your Own Solo Practice” Panelist
- American Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estates Section: 2019 Annual CLE Conference, Boston, MA. –“Leveraging Technology to Supercharge your Law Practice” -Panelist
- Maryland State Bar Association 2019 Annual Meeting, Ocean City, MD –“50 Tch Tips and Tools” -Panelist
- Maryland State Bar Association 2018 Annual Meeting, Ocean City, MD –“Office Without Walls: Setting up a virtual or mobile law office” -Key Note Speaker
- Maryland State Bar Association 2018 Annual Meeting, Ocean City, MD –“Management Gone Paperless” -Panelist
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, “2016 Ethics Year In Review” presented at the ABA Business Law Section’s Spring Meeting in New Orleans, LA (April, 2017).
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, “What Lawyers Need To Know About Internet and Social Media: From LinkedIn to Facebook to Twitter”_ ABA Business Law Section 2016 Annual Meeting, Boston MA. September 9, 2016
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, “It’s Five-O’Clock Somewhere: The Dangers of Drinking as a Young Lawyer On and Off the Clock” _ABA Midyear Meeting, San Diego, CA, February 5, 2016.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, “Safe & Responsible Drinking for the Young Professional” ABA Midyear Meeting, Houston, TX, February 6, 2015.
- Maryland State Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Practice, “How to Get & Retain Clients” University of Baltimore School of Law, October 25, 2013.
Sahmra has been published in the following places:
- Stevenson, S. 5 Ways To Keep Remote Teams Mindful & Motivated, Wyoming State Bar Association Newsletter, March 2018.
- Stevenson, S. The Precarious Nature of Emergency Custody Hearings, American Bar Association Business Law Section Review, Spring 2018 Issue
- Stevenson, S. The Precarious Nature of Emergency Custody Hearings, Prince George’s County Bar Association Newsletter, March 2017 Issue.
- Stevenson, S. Exploring Your Leadership Brand, ABA’s Diversity and Inclusion Newsletter. Winter 2017. Volume 5, Issue 1 (January 2017)
- Stevenson, S. The Path Towards Shard Parenting, Prince George’s County Bar Association Newsletter, January 2017 Issue.
- Stevenson, S. Diversity Dialogue: A Focus on Mentoring, The Affiliate, The Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association’s Newsletter, Volume 38: Number 3 (January 2013).
- Stevenson, S. Taking on Debby: A Quick and Efficient Response from the DLS Team, the Importance of Training, The Affiliate, The Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association’s Newsletter, Volume 38: Number 4 (March 2013).
- Stevenson, S. Affiliate Leader Spotlight: Dana Hrelic, The Affiliate, The Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association’s Newsletter, Volume 38: Number 6 (June 2013).
- Stevenson, S. National Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Monumental Minutes, Volume IV: Spring Edition (March 2012).
- Stevenson, S. ABA YLD “Year of Service”, The Affiliate, The Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association’s Newsletter, Volume 38: Number 1(September 2012).
- Stevenson, S. A Lawyer on Every Smartphone, The Affiliate, The Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association’s Newsletter, Volume 38: Number 2 (Novemeber 2012).
About the Firm
S.A. Stevenson Law Offices and Office Without Walls™ is a law firm of the future. We use legal technology, remote resources, and innovation to advocate for (i) access to justice for our clients and the public and (ii) sustained improvements in the quality of life and wellness for legal practitioners.
Flat Fee Structure We offer a flat fee billing structure to simplify the process for our valued clientele. We with each of our clients to develop a customized flat fee price for our legal services. Before ever starting a case, our clients know exactly what to expect with respect to billing to accomplish their objectives. Our team will develop a custom legal strategy for your individual situation and will discuss and agree to a flat fee structure for your case without any additional billing surprises. Unlike law firms that bill by the hour, our flat fee structure allows us to focus on you and your situation while expediting an effective resolution to your family law disputes.
The courts continue to shift to e-file and MDEC processes. We are a fully paperless office and have been for over five years. The benefit to you is real time access to your file 24/7 without a need to keep track of letters and notices from us. Everything is stored safely and securely for your convenient online access. Hard copies are always available upon request.
Our Office Without Walls™ (*insert link to OffieWithoutWalls.org), business model reinforces the firm's focus on wellness and personal well-being. We advocate the same core values for our clients as we do for our team members. When you engage our team you engage a group who understands and prioritize values such as compassion, service, tolerance, self-care, dedication and loyalty.
What does that mean to you? As the client it means that we are always looking to make things easier and more accessible to you because we understand the value of a happy and healthy client. It also means that the firm’s management prioritizes the health and wellness of team members, and team members collectively pay that forward to the client through their quality of work.
Fully Hybrid: Mobile & Virtual Options
Since opening our doors five years ago, we have bragged a truly futuristic, hybrid business model. For most practice areas, clients can choose to interact with our office in-person, remotely or in-person at their home or office. Access to justice and the client experience are central focuses for our entire team. However we can make the process easier for you to understand and be a part of, we will.
Trained & Experienced Teams
Our experience working in a hybrid format guarantees our effectiveness and efficiency, especially in the face of the global Pandemic. Our clients benefit from our collaboration and work as specialized teams. We are able to treat each case with the unique touches is deserves.
Secure File Management & Storage